Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Monday, March 14, 2011

TKM They have Bears in Tennessee!?.

March 14, 2011

HEY-O!!! how is everyone doing!?! Shout out to Jana for her 27th birthday! wahoo =D

Thanks so much for the letters I got this week, really made my week!

This week has been FULL of ADVENTURE!.. no joke. We almost died.. by a bear... well a dog.. But it was the size of a bear! (Mom don’t worry, I’m good and the Lord watches over his missionaries. I learned that for real this week. haha) I’ve been looking for the recorder you sent me to tell you all about it, cause its really funny when you can hear us telling it with all our expressions =P But I’ve seen to hid it from myself and now I can’t remember where I put it.. (yeah I’m good, I know) or it grew some legs and ran to play hide and seek.. either way I’ll find it soon.

It involved tracting by a van and a trailer, down by the river, in the country. We got chased by a bear (dog) under a barb wire fence, through a huge field, through a couple trees, 3 other pit bulls joined in plus a regular sized dog, which led to us trying to hitch-hike (but it didn't work) which then made us run to an abandoned trailer surrounded by these dogs. I had a brick in one hand, a metal pipe in the other and elder Jarman with a 4ft long PCP pipe. We were ready for Armageddon..... it lasted for a hour... that was INTENSE!!!

I need to go buy some pepper spray. Or find out where Bro McConnell got his Bear Mace haha ;) I love being a missionary. But that’s not the reason why.

This week we have been teaching Gail's crew a lot more. Justin is an awesome kid. He use to be over 700 pounds but has lost like 300. He's 22 and has grown up with a real rough background of drugs and street life. His mom died this week of a drug overdose. He has decided he is going to do whatever it takes to not have that kinda life. Today he is on his 5th day without smoking! Thats huge!!! He is trying to learn all that he can about the Gospel. Growing up, he has never been in church. (last week, when he came to ours, it was the first time in a church and he loved it)

Because he didn't really have a Christian background we spent a lot of time talking about how God is our loving Heavenly Father, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We tried to think of easy ways for him to remember what each principle meant. We asked him what it meant to repent? "I really don’t know man, I know you like tell God sorry that you messed up but that’s about it. I've never done it before." Thats aight (alright) man, it’s as easy as ABC.

A) you Acknowledge that you've done something wrong.

B) Be sorry- feel bad about it.

C) Confess

C) Correct anything that you need too

and (D) Don’t ever do it again.

He thought that was pretty cool and during the rest of the lesson we would catch him trying to memorize them. We would ask him a question and he would say " umm.. crap man, I forgot. I’m still trying to remember my ABC's of repenting! haha" alright Justin, how do we repent then? you teach us.

He almost got them all. He thought the (B) was Be bad lol.

We taught another couple that they needed to live the law of chastity. She took it well, he was a little sad. (We forgot to tell them that they also either need to get married or that he has to move out.. how do you think they'll take it? ... oh by the way dude..)

I’m excited to see the Family be baptized together on the 26th

Before I forget... I need Elder Jamie's Address so I can send him his b-day package, Tyler too. Shout out to ya'll HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOOLS

I love you all so much, Love Elder Pearson.

On the mission I have learned that

I don’t want to just say my prayers,

Because I've learned to really speak with my Father.

I don’t want to be just a follower of Christ,

I want to be led by Him.

I’m trying to come to know Him,

And not just know about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment