Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Monday, March 21, 2011

TKM March 20, 2011

Tracting in Tennessee

Hey-o! How are you all doin!?!? I Hope that everything is going well. This week has been a pretty good week all around. I’m so proud of our zone right now. We had been struggling in a couple of our areas so we came up with a couple ideas to help get everyone more motivated. At the end of the week, everyone improved in some way or another and we also reached our baptismal goal 2 months in a row!!!

So I can’t really think of too much to write about.. =/ Elder Jarman and I have been focusing a lot on Justin this week. He has gone like 9 days without smoking!!!! We went over and had a really cool lesson with him and we talked about him being baptized on the 20th of March, He thought that would be so cool. Sat night he even called us at like 11:00pm to tell us how excited he was. We went by in the morning to pick him up for church. Gail came to the door and said that a couple hours ago he decided to go paintballing instead and just get baptized next week.. FW-WHAT!?!? CRACKER PLEASE? ;) keep the Sabbath holy fool!

We're going to go have a pretty intense lesson of "reproving betimes with sharpness, while being moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and showing forth afterwards an increase of love, lest he esteem us to be his enemy" haha

OH I JUST REMEMBERED.. So last night we went over to one of our members to have a "movie night" and watch- Joseph Smith Prophet Of The Restoration. I have seen this movie 100 times but there are still some parts that always get me, or that I notice something different. This time at the end, when they are all sitting in the upper room, I noticed that Hyrum turned down the page of his Book Of Mormon. Just like how Elder Holland mentions in "safety for the soul". Then at the end of the movie I had the coolest feeling that I couldn't put into words if I wanted to. But I have learned this week so much! I know that The Lord will teach us line upon line, He isn't going to give it to us all at once. But that he really can "unfold the Mysteries of the Kingdom Of Heaven". All we have to do is search him out by the daily things like prayer and study. I learned one this week. And now I feel that I haven’t even scratched the surface of the Book of Mormon, Or the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The thing I desire most in my life is to have to constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, for it can teach us the truth of all things. It has the power to soften hearts, and to change lives, to keep you safe and let you know how, and be permitted to walk back to the presence of God the Father, His son Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Home. We have the fullness of the Gospel. The Priesthood is here. We are not just a church that teaches and preaches about the Son of God, But one that is led and guided by him personally. He lives. He is closer to you and me than we can ever imagine. I believe that with all my heart. He cares. And is waiting to rush to our aid. We have been blessed with more than we can comprehend. Shall we not continue to share it?

Love Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment