Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

TKM BITTER SWEET! March 30, 2011

HEY-O!!! HOW ARE ALL YUNS DOIN? haha ;) I hope that you have all had a fantastic week like us!

Mom, I did get the package. Thanks so much for it! Question: did you do a new/different granola recipe?

Fun fact for ya, So Elder Jarman and I were so excited when we opened the package to see what we got, lo and behold, guess what we found!? PEPPER SPRAY!!! mom, your the best! (we felt a lot more safe for when the next dog attack would happen) So we decided we needed to practice our aim, so that when something actually happened, we would be prepared. Good idea right?.... haha well we shot it a couple times and we walked up to this door while out tracting. All of a sudden my eye started to burn like never before! And right at that moment the guy opened the door. I started talking to him, while trying not to scream and cry at the same time. He asked what we we're out talking about today? I said that we are sharing with people about God's plan of happiness and how you can receive more blessings for you and your family. (as I kept talking my voice started to get louder because of the pain) and I said something along the lines of " and God wants all of these blessings to be yours, BUT NOW I HAVE TO USE YOUR SINK! haha. After I rinsed my eyes out we had a really good conversation with them, and kept going throughout the day.... hahaha,

PEPPER SPRAY 1, ELDERS 0

Throughout this week we had to do A LOT of exchanges, (I think I was only with my companion 2 out of the 7 days this week) But while I was with the Assistance, we had to take a couple of the visa waiters around to different areas for the day. When we got to one of the areas, I saw one of the Elders that I came out with, Elder Rollins! He saw me and said "Pearson!! Guess what I just found!?" whatcha got? "I found some Pepper spray!" careful man, that stuff bites! haha, Does it work?

Elder Rollins pointed to spray, and was ready to shoot. (the wind was blowing really hard) I tried to yell "watchout for the wind".. But it was to late.. The Spray came back into his and the Elders next to him eyes! They all ran around in circles screaming, Eyes bright red! (funniest thing i've ever seen!) made my day!

PEPPER SPRAY 2, ELDERS 0

When we got back, Elder Jarman and I worked really hard on a couple people - All wanted to be baptized on March 27th!

J wasn't to sure about it all though, his family had been giving him a lot of crap about if he joined the church. He said that he would pray about it, and come to church if he wanted to be baptized. J tried on the baptism suit that we had.. one problem, the 3xl was to small... J is a really big guy! 2nd problem, that was the biggest one in the stake and his baptism was tomorrow. We ran to the mall and to walmart to see if we could find a big white shirt for him. But the Largest they carried was a 3xl.

The Librarian at the church, helped us find a nice white table cloth. We cut a whole in the top and made a belt to go around his waist out of white ties. good to go..............He didn't show. :( BUT we had an awesome Sunday! One of Our recent converts that was baptized a couple weeks ago, decided to bear her testimony.

Now the south has a lot of "protestant" still in the Church. (because they are all converts, and i love it!!! here's why) Jane started about how she was saved when she was just 14 yrs old. "Back in my old baptist church we had a black prophet, I had been praying and askin the Lord "Why" "Why does this all have to happen?" When I went to the church, our black prophet pointed straight at me and said "Women, The Lords wants me to tell you to stop askin why, and just trust him!!" (while telling this at testimony meeting, Jane was yelling and pointing at different people in the congregation trying to act it out haha) She warned everyone that she likes to shout and throw her hands up when she feels the holy spirit inside. (and she sure did that day) haha. She was shouting "AMEN, can I get an amen!?" "Praise Jesus" and all this other really fun stuff! She said " as most of you know I had a broken arm, the Elders gave me a blessing a couple weeks ago and PRAISE JESUS, IM HEALED!!!" She started fist pumping her arms in the air saying "Thank you Jesus! Brothers and sisters, we have reason to rejoice!"

Elder Jarman and I were busting up laughing, and so was the bishop haha. I wish you could have been there!

She hit the Pulpit one last time and started to walk off the stand, when she got to the stairs she stopped and yelled "Oh, and my grandson is getting BAPTIZED today! AMEN!

After church, T and S were both baptized. We were getting ready to confirm them, But we couldn't find S or her family anywhere!?!?

We made a lot of calls and caught them right as they walked in their door at home. They were so excited that she just got baptized and i said, "There's more!!! haha run back!" Elder Jarman and I both stalled as long as we could by bearing like 10 min testimonies each and she showed up right in time.

After that, B (a convert for a year, and one of our best friends) came up to us and said " as ya'll were confirming her, I heard every word before it was said!" GOSPEL IS TRUE!!!

I love being able to see others lives change, as they trust in God. I cant wait to hear from the Prophet and 12 Apostles that we have today. As they bear their Prophetic and Apostolic testimonies of our savior, Jesus Christ. What Blessing will they promise to us as we turn our lives to Christ?

i Love you all and cant wait to hear back from ya!

From the country boy out yonder, Love Elder Pearson

2 comments:

  1. Use Caution when sending your 20 year old son pepper spray, because apparently they won't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is by far the best story I have heard! Saddly it doesn't surprise me that he would do that! hahaha Awwww Kevin! :)

    ReplyDelete