Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TKM May 2, 2011

Hey this might be a weird e-mail cause I’m trying to throw in last weeks too and I only have a couple mins left.. LOVE Y'ALL

Hey-o! How is everyone doing!?! I hope that everyone has had an AWESOME week! Thanks for all the Easter stuff mom! I also got my new shoes in the mail. They are a different kind than my other ones but they should last for a good while =D This has been a pretty cool week! To start it off, Elder Lindner and I meet this nice southern lady named R. R and her family listened to our message of the Restoration and enjoyed what we had to say. R told us that she wanted us to come back by tomorrow so that we could have some dinner with them. When we came back, she told us to come right on in and to make ourselves at home, and that dinner was just about ready. She went out back to gather all of her Grandkids and to get some of the family inside. We started to eat this amazing meal and I realized something. The House we were in was very small, I knew that they hardly ever ate like we were now. I wondered why would someone let two strangers in and cook a huge meal for them, when they likely didn't have the money to do so?.... So I asked. Her answer surprised me. and I really learned a lot about charity and the pure heart that she has. She wanted to comfort those who were away from home. To lift someone up and to let them know that they were loved..... SO COOL!!! 10 points for R! I'm really excited to keep teaching her and to see how she progresses.

This week was also a week of learning. At Zone Conference we watched a talk By Elder Holland that he gave in Jan at the MTC. Now If you've heard the talk "Safety for the soul".. Its like that intense.. But on missionary work! It was just the talk I needed to pump me up even more to go baptize! He brought up so many cool points on Peter that I had never realized before. Like after Christ was crucified, Peter didn't know what to really do. SO he said "we'll go fish" because that was what he was use too. He had only been a convert for 36 months-ish.. He didn't understand his real purpose. While peter and a couple other apostles were out fishing, they were having NO LUCK! then a man from the shore asks.. "Hows the fishing going?" they reply that there is nothing. The man then tells them to throw their nets on the other side..... They do and they cant even pull the nets onto the ship because they are too full of fish! They realize that the man is Christ, Peter jumps off the ship and swims towards him. When they all get to shore, Christ has dinner waiting them and they all begin to eat. In the middle of dinner, Christ asks Peter, "Lovest thou me?" Yea Lord, Peter replies. Christ replies "then feed my sheep"... Christ again asks "Peter, lovest thou me more than these?" Yea Lord, Thou knowest that I love thee. "then feed my sheep" .... and again a third time he asks peter " Lovest thou me?.. Peter was grieved and said " Yea Lord Thou knowest all things thou knowest that I love thee" Peter then understood his purpose, and the way to show his love for Christ.

I love you all Love elder Pearson WBASAP I miss hearing from you all hahaha

"Go feed my sheep"

-Christ ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment