Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TKM BERRIES & CREAM

May 10, 2011

HEY-OH!!! This is Elder K-boppin Pearson comin to ya live from the sweet and sassy south! It’s a bright and sunny day FULL of humidity and heat. The latest on the street is that the church is true, the book is blue, and God is a Mormon!!! =D

Hope all you mothers had a wonderful mothers day, all the missionaries sure did.

How are y'all doin!?!

Things have been going really good on this side of the vineyard. These past couple weeks, Elder Lindner and I have been on a hunt for new investigators. It seems that the whole zone is on a search and rescue for the elect this week. One day out tracting about 6 of our appointments fell through in about an hour.. D= no bueno (thats spanish for "No Bueno") we were like, well crap! But then, B called us and asked if we could come by? Heck yeah! When we got there we asked how her and R were both doing and after a while started to have a lesson. As we started going on in the lesson, we noticed something was wrong with B. We asked her what was on her mind? B kinda looked down and was quiet for a moment and then said "My uncle is about to pass away I think" .. B, what would you like to talk about today? we asked. She said I know that we just went over Gods plan and stuff, But could we talk about it again and especially what happens after we die? Of course =)

By the time we got to the spirit world, we started to talk a lot about temple work and how we can help those who have passed on return to live with God. All of a sudden B stopped us. We could see that the spirit was teaching her something. She asked " So would I be able to go to the temple and be baptized for my mother as well? She passed away when I was a little girl and I don’t know if she accepted everything. We told B that she could, and that that would make her mother and her Heavenly father so happy if she did.

B has set a new goal to get to the temple as soon as she can. How many blessings does the gospel bring? Our ward has been going to the temple a lot this past month or two. It made me realize even more how blessed we are to have a temple.. and how much I miss going. GO EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. I can’t wait for the chance when I am home and get to go to the temple again too.

I Love you a ton, and hope I hear back from you soon.

Love Elder Pearson

He tried sending pics again, but alas it did not work!

No comments:

Post a Comment