Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Let the Holy spirit Guide - Oct 11 2011

Hey-Oh! Talk about an AMAZING week! I love the people here in Tennessee. I love being a missionary. I love being guided by the spirit. I love being a missionary, and yeah.. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! =D

To start off the week, we had Zone Leader Council on Tuesday. So Elder H and I were trying to decide what to train on. We had the impression to go for "obedience". We talked with President I about how we needed to change the culture of the mission to where exact obedience was each missionaries personal quest. How to do that is the tricky part.... After saying a prayer, we took all of our personal and companion study to try and come up with this training. But all we came up with was a couple scriptures. We headed over to the office and took a little bit more time to work on it. After praying one more time or help, all of a sudden all of it just flowed together! The Training went so good and the spirit was so strong.


A couple days later Elder H and I really needed to find some more people to teach. We fasted and prayed that we would be able to find people that were ready to receive the gospel now, and to know what price we needed to pay for that blessing. We planned a full day of tracting and headed off to work. And it was terrible! nobody was answering the door. And the ones that did just wanted to bash. That lasted for a couple hours. We decided we weren't in the place that we needed to be, so we went back to the car and prayed to know where to go. We started to head to a place that we felt might be pretty good. On the way there all of a sudden I said "turn right." (I got this impression that we needed to find a pink and black suburban..) We pulled into this apartment complex that we were at a couple days earlier, and sure enough there was a pink and black suburban in the parking lot!
"how do we know which one they live in?" ...I guess we'll just have to knock all of them again.
Just then we saw a girl under the car trying to fix it. We quickly pulled over, said a quick prayer saying "Heavenly Father, we know that we need to talk to her. We don't know what to say. Please grant us thy spirit and help us know what she needs to hear."
We got out and walked up to her and just started to talk. I sat down on the curb next to her and I just got the feeling to just keep talking with her. I asked her if she had ever been out to Utah before? She gave me a really surprised look and then said "no, But I'm actually thinking about moving there." oh yeah? how come? "well... this might sound a little weird but God just told me too...I never even knew that that town existed. And I don't know why he wants me there." Well this might sound a little weird too then... A few min ago, we prayed and asked God where we needed to go RIGHT NOW.. and your Pink and Black Suburban popped straight into my mind... maybe you could tell us why we are here?... Is there any question that you have been praying to God about lately? "No. Not that I can think of. But I don't mind talkin with you till we figure it out."

My testimony continues to grow on how close to this work our Heavenly Father really is! He will lead us in our life EXACTLY where we need to go IF we just do the things he has asked.

There are so many other things that I wish I could share. But it will have to wait till another time. I love the Gospel Of Jesus Christ. It has changed my life inside and out. I know that the Atonement of our Lord can take away any guilt and pain that we have, and fill us with joy and love that will flow throughout our souls, and cause our hearts to melt. I know Heavenly Father Loves us. I really do. He knows us by name. And I have felt that magnificent power in my life. I know that the Prophets and Apostles speak the mind, will, and voice of the Lord to all men today and they teach us the things that we must do to gain peace in this life, and eternal salvation in the life to come. The Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God and it is the most precious thing that I possess. We have the Fullness of the Gospel. The Priesthood power, and continued revelation for our day. I know that families can be together forever. And I want to share all of the blessings that I have with everyone that I meet. I am thankful for each day that we have been given to share it with those who are seeking it in their lives. I love you all. And hope to hear from you soon.
Love Elder Pearson











No comments:

Post a Comment