Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TKM plantin chickens and Fixin to shout!

July 11, 2011

Hey-oh Family!!! Whats been happening back in the area of (801)? I'm going to try and send that recorder home before you leave so be lookin for it in the mail =P

Things here have been going great! To start off the week, Elder Struthers and I had a meeting with Bishop. We really wanted to find out what we could do to help him and the ward right now. We especially wanted to get "The Rescue" that President M has been focused on up and going more. The meeting went really good. Bishop told us that he wants us to just keep pumping them up and a couple other cool ideas. I think we are really starting to have his trust in missionaries again! =D

A couple cool things that happened this week... Struthers and I were able to teach the 5yr olds this Sunday about missionary work! haha I love little kids, they've got the best jokes and facial expressions lol. We asked them how old they had to be to go on missions? "15" one shouted.. close, how old do you think we are? "umm..14.. i think?" haha we actually go when were 19........ Their eyes got so wide and their mouths dropped and said "woww"... you should have seen their faces when we told them that girls have to be 21 =D

Other cool thing that happened this week was that we had our 1st interviews with President and Sister Irion. They got lost on their way down to our church building so they were running a little late. President Irion steps out of the car and looks down at his shirt to see that he forgot both of his badges. He looks back up at us and states "shh.. I'm in the witness protection program, I needed to hide my identity today" He cracks jokes left and right and you can really tell that he has a love for each of the missionaries. I'm really excited to keep working with them and getting to know them a little better.

Another cool thing that happened this week has been working with John and Dennis. Each of them had quit smoking and working to be baptized on the 9th of July.

John had never made it more than a day the last 6 months that I've been here. But while he prayed that he would be able to quit, I really felt that this time was different. Him and Dennis both were able to be baptized together!!! During our interview with them, we asked a really cool question..." I know that you both have tried to quit in the past, what was different about this time? what made it different?"

John said.." When I prayed and really decided that I was going to do it, the desire to smoke completely left me. I do not have a desire to smoke again. thanks to the Lord"

Dennis told us "I have tried everything. Patches, gum, cold turkey and different tactics, and none of them worked.. But this time I fasted and Prayed... I didn't think that I could go that long without food, and I didn't know if it would make that big of a difference. But i know it worked."

The Talleys have become some of my closest friends here in Rotherwood. I cant even share how cool it was to see John be able to make this step. I know that his Father in heaven is proud. I know that this is going to be the biggest blessing for him and his family so far in their lives. I cant wait to see their family go to the temple. There is no greater happiness than this. As missionaries we leave our families for two years to help other families be eternal.

After Church Victoria rounded up me, Struthers, Bo, and bishop and pulled us into the bishops office. She asked for a blessing and told us that she was going to quit smoking tonight and be baptized next week. As we laid our hands upon her head, I felt the spirit lead and guide Bishop as he gave her such a sweet and tender blessing. Its going to be hard, but i know that the Lord will provide a way. He did not send us to earth to fail. He wants us to enjoy all the blessings that he has in store for us. I know that he answers prays and that he is closer to us than we can imagine. I know that the Gospel and Church is true.

Keep smilin and being you =D

Love Elder Pearson..

and write back too =P

No comments:

Post a Comment