Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011

Pepper Spray: 3.. missionaries: still 0...

Hey-o! This Is Elder K-Dobin Pearson! commin to ya live from the Kingsport library. Its a caloric 90 degrees outside with a light breeze. As far as your local news goes- Allandale Falls Mansion pool has just had its grand opening, all visitors are welcome. They be having a "modest is hottest" swimsuit competition on the 15th. That's all the news we have for ya now. Lets Take a look at the "Here's your sign award". Last time, on PEPPER SPRAY vs MISSIONARIES- the missionaries were having some bad luck at pulling out their "A"game. So this week Elder Pearson decided to bring in a secret weapon all the way from Canada; Elder Craig. As they were driving home Elder Craig saw the mace in the cup holder and asked "is this a push pop?" Definitely not. A couple seconds later I realized my throat was starting to burn. I looked over to see Elder Craig, Eyes BRIGHT red with tears running down his face and laughing. Then started to yell "Its starting to really burn!"

(Elder Craig sprayed it in the car, and the AC blew it right back in his face lol.) We pulled over into the Walgreen's and ran inside to the bathroom. Elder Craig couldn't open one of his eyes. When we got to the bathroom he tried to rinse his eyes out a little but not much was happening. He decided to take out his contacts, the only problem was that we didn't realize that he had some left over mace on his fingers. He starts to yell a little more, right as this guy came in to use the bathroom. (hahaha I can only imagine what he must have thought) =D

Anyways, As we walked out of Walgreen's I said "I knew I was going to like you" and we both busted up laughing- an hour later Elder Craig was good to go...till he tried to put his contacts in the next morning.... Pepper spray 3... missionaries 0.

Needless to say, Its been a good week. =D only one bad part- Justin still is MIA and hasn't been confirmed. His family got kicked out of their apartment and is now homeless on the streets again. Every now and then we can catch him on the phone, then they run out of money and the phone turns off or something. He keeps telling us that he wants to be confirmed. But we have an intense lesson ready for him whenever we see him next.

This week though Elder Struthers and I have been working with a family that we found off tracting. Teressa is a single mom, and has 3 kids that live at home. They came to church with us a couple weeks ago and have been praying to know if this is all true. Jonathan is her 11yr old son and is such a stud! we went to pick him up for church and he was waiting outside all dressed up reading the book of Mormon. =D We sat down with them and asked of they had felt that they received and answer yet? Teressa said "no, still not yet" So Struthers and I decided to have a lesson on "how to recognize the spirit". and end by watching the Restoration dvd. At the end of the movie we asked what they felt? as they described their feelings, we stopped and asked them what God was trying to teach them.... Teressa took a moment and then said "its true!" Her and her two sons accepted an invitation to be baptized on the 25th! =D

I have completely gained such an appreciation for the spirit on my mission! Without it we really cannot teach! That's why its so important to be obedient. Right after the lesson we got a call from President Griffin. He told us that for the next two weeks we are going to have a "miny missionary" serve with us! LEGIT. He is 17yrs old and is up from Knoxville. in about 2 hours we are going to pick him up and show him the ropes. =D TIME TO BAPTIZE

I have also been having some really cool experiences with my studies lately. Every time I have a thought pop into my mind I have been writing it down and making my own "book of revelation". Its cool to see what the spirit teaches you as you do it.. just sayin ;)

The mission has been the best choice I've ever made. I've never felt like this or learn as much as I know.. even though I'm just scratching the surface haha. I hope all is going well back at home, and I cant wait to hear back from you all (this means you too) ;)

Love Elder Pearson


No comments:

Post a Comment