Elder Kevin Pearson

Elder Kevin Pearson

Monday, June 6, 2011

"Bout as useful as a hog with a songbook" ;)






Life in the Kingsport, TN area... somebody's life, anyway!


June 6, 2011

Hahaha I love Southern sayings ;-p How are y'all doin this week!?! any fun Summer Nights? Over here its been in the high 90's and a lot of humidity..I don't know If I've ever wanted to go swimming more haha jk. Mom, I got the package with all the cookies and stuff, your'e the BEST! Elder Struthers and I ate them all probably that 1st night haha ;)

This has been a crazy week full of investigator drama. One day we were over at a great family teaching a lesson on Faith. They hadn't come to church in the last 3 weeks. We thought that they were too focused on quitting smoking that they just didn't come to church anymore. So we decided to go back to the basics with them. We explained that today we would talk on how faith is action and how coming to church would increase our faith in Jesus Christ... the lesson was going really great, the spirit was there...then something happened. Elder Struthers and I tried to break the tension by talking but it didn't work. So we got up, walked straight to the computer, went to mormon.org and started playing one of the videos on there really loud by Elder Oaks. It quieted things down. We ended up watching a couple other videos on there as well that kinda talked about the same thing. Those talks were so powerful. We left and told them we'd see them at church on Sunday.

They called us Saturday night. I guess they watched the video and worked it out a little more. They both came to church.. we'll see what happens next.

My time on the computer is almost up. But this week Justin still didn't get confirmed..Good news though.. we had a legit Zone leader council. President Griffy (the 1st councilor) gave the coolest training on being a consecrated missionary.

I know that the Church is true. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I know that having the companionship of the Holy Ghost is the most important thing to me. I'm learning that it doesn't matter what I want in life or what I want to do. But rather what God wants for me. In John 8:29 Christ says "and he that sent me is with me, the father hath not left me alone, For I do always those things that please Him. That is the lesson I want to learn from the mortal messiah. That If it doesn't please the Father I won’t do it. I know that If we will let him guide us in our lives that he will mold us into what he wants us to become. I’m grateful for all of you and I love you all some much.

Love Elder Pearson

(he said he was writing a song about being a missionary in TN - not sure if he was serious or not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment